Monday, December 17, 2007

Anything for the children


Anything for the children
Originally uploaded by art progress
Kaylin has this creepy book of nightmareish illustrated childrens stories. I found it on the shelf one day and used it as source material for this drawing. The story is about a man who dresses up as animals to entertain the children. One can only assume that the displays are innocent, but perhaps one shouldn't be so short on assumption and long on long deliberate thought. I think that means that there must be a reason that he goes to such lenghts to attract and entertain children. That's some fish suit, fella. Nice blood baby blood fountain too.

I also drew this picture at New City. Maybe my days as the smart assed, yet accomidating retailer in that boozy closet will turn out to be a turning point. It was the first time I'd ever been tipped on a regular basis. I did a lot of interacting back then too. Ask me about some of my associations there sometime. I think it was kinda like bartending, only soberer and quieter. Notice the colour? I'm trying really hard to be in tune with colour.

Felt pen on paper.
Blake Betteridge 2007.

No comments: