Monday, December 17, 2007

The end of oil.


The end of oil.
Originally uploaded by art progress
I just looked and nowadays a shiny new barrel of crude will cost you $90.90 amd. That's down from when it was around a hundred a barrel, but it's still pretty high. Oh how the inevitability remains (!) that the world's cheap supply of oil has been depleted. Notwithstanding the ever apparent environmental impact black gold has left and will continue to leave on our world. Notwithstanding human impact deniers and their oily counter spin machine... the cheap stuff is long gone, and will continue to be long gone short of some amazingly destructive catastrophic event (or events) leading to the end of civil, righteous oil producing and consuming humanity as we know it.

I drew this picture while I was working in the liquor box at New City. Looking back with some objectivity, I can see that this picture was an important step in my development as an artist. I think I'm really starting to get it at this point.

Ink on paper.
Blake Betteridge 2007

PS: This post is for you Mark. I get pretty inspired by you too.

No comments: