Sunday, October 14, 2007

Baseball Cards


Baseball Cards
Originally uploaded by art progress
I found a picture of another artist's rendering of baseball cards for a magazine story about baseball. I copied it not because I really love baseball or anything, but as an exercise. I wanted to see if I could draw people and have them look like people.

I spent a really really long time on this one. The cards are made up of really light pencil strokes. It was my first experiment filling every empty space I could with concentric lines. I like the way it turned out. Oh snap, they look like people.

This drawing is pencil on paper. I learned from this drawing that when you use as much lead as I did on a drawing it will get all smudged around and get on the back of it's preceding page. That's okay though.

I drew this from April 15th, 2007 to April 29th, 2007.

Blake Betteridge.

No comments: