Sunday, October 14, 2007

Underwater Fish


Underwater Fish
Originally uploaded by art progress
This picture took me forever to draw. It started out as one fish, but I accidentally drew the eyes and other facial features too far to the left. To fix it I decided to make it two fish with the front fish being transparent. To accomplish this I first drew the front fish and then copied every detail pushing the details to the right. It was really hard because there was a lot of overlapping.

I meant to draw more reeds behind the fish, but didn't really get around to it. You can imagine that if I had it would have been a more complete picture. I like the log I drew.

This was one of the first pictures I drew where began to imagine a life in the visual arts for myself.

It's ink on paper. I drew it April 14th, 2007.

Blake Betteridge.

No comments: