Wednesday, October 31, 2007

China From a Warehouse


China From a Warehouse
Originally uploaded by art progress
Around the time that I drew this picture I had just started a part time job selling booze in the New City Liquor Box. For those of you not familiar with Edmonton, New City is a bar basically at the center of the city on 100th St and Jasper. The job in the tiny liquor store gave me plenty of time to sit and do nothing and I selectively used that time to draw.

This is a picture of China from the inside of an abandoned warehouse. I found the picture from an old Time magazine which is no doubt still in the Liquor Box. At the time I was absolutely desperate for some source material that wasn't an animal.

Some of the drawing is missing a bunch of lines (the part at the bottom) cause at some point I decided to close up shop and move on. China looks really smoggy. Gulp.

Blake Betteridge 2007

No comments: