Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Nature's Janitor 1 and 2



After I finished drawing China I was starting to get a little bored with black pen and pencil so I borrowed some of Kaylin's coloured felt markers and went to work in colour. At first the thought of using more than one colour to draw something seemed so beyond me, so I stuck to the mono.



This is my first attempt at drawing a vulture. As you can see, the acceptably realistic vulture head is perched upon a large egg shaped object with something attached to it.

I sourced the vulture from a magazine that Kaylin had taken home from her parent's house. The picture of the vulture had a black background and was really dark. As such, I couldn't really tell what the hell the vulture's body was supposed to look like. The result was at most generously mixed. Looking back I suppose it's my first attempt at drawing something straight from my imagination.

So little was I impressed by it that I decided have another go at drawing and imagining what a vulture's body looks like.



This one looks like it's on a balloon.

Blake Betteridge 2007

No comments: